A major part of the ongoing work of the Cape Higher Education Consortium (CHEC) consists of running projects that directly benefit the members of the consortium.
The projects are funded by a combination of external sources and regional funding wherein each partner contributes annual funds according to a formula based on student enrolments.
CHEC projects and activities are categorised as follows:
- Interinstitutional co-operation
- Cape Library Consortium (CALICO)
- The Publishing Liaison Office (PLO). Click here for the on-line system
- Creating the Leading Edge (middle management training modules)
- Quality Teaching in Higher Education – a regional development programme
- Regional Expensive Equipment Project (REEP)
- Communities of practice
- Erasmus Mundus Programme
Collaboration with TVET Colleges in the Western Cape
Since the approval in 2014 of the White Paper for Post-School Education and Training: building an expanded, effective and integrated post-school system, CHEC has been exploring ways in which it can work towards the development of a single integrated system of post-school education. To this end, increased collaboration has begun with the six TVET Colleges in the Western Cape. (See the 2015 CHEC – TVET Conference Report and the 2016 report on CHEC’s Collaboration with TVET Colleges.
External partnerships with
- The Western Cape Government (WCG)
- The City of Cape Town